||The 44th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Phlebology
||Seamless collaboration in the fight against complex venous disorders
(Tokyo Women's Medical University, Adachi Medical Center)
||June 13th (Thursday) -14th (Friday), 2024
Invited Overseas Speakers (tentative)
- LATEST EVIDENCE-BASED NEWS FROM THE WORLD –
Bring your top-quality Phlebo-lymphology Science on the INTERNATIONAL STAGE a hybrid event (tentative)
Date: Friday, June 14th, 2024 at 13:30-16:30 (tentative) *Japan Standard Time (5 am GMT-)
The 44th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Phlebology is pleased to invite you to submit your best scientific work for the international session.
Welcome to the 2024 JSP International Session Abstract Submission Site
The initiative is developed by the International Committee of the Japanese Society of Phlebology in conjunction with the venous-lymphatic World International Network (v-WIN) foundation. The session will focus on evidence-based data from the latest investigations and will include significant time for open discussion with key opinion leaders from all around the world.
- Scientific Awards –
JSP International Award
This award was newly established from 2021. ¥50,000 will be awarded to overseas presenter. There is no age limit for this award.
v-WIN Foundation Scientific Award
Free registration to the whole event + 500 USD travel grant for a younger than 39yo colleague indicated by the same author of the selected work. This award is given by the venous-lymphatic World International Network (v-WIN) foundation. This award is applied to Japanese presenter.
Integral Travel Award
The 3 winning abstracts are sent to the European Venous Forum (EVF) who will accept one to be presented at the annual meeting of the EVF. This award will give a grant up to ¥300,000 to cover the travel expenses in attending the meeting, or ¥50,000 if there are no travel needs. This award is applied to Japanese presenter. There is no age limit for this award.
- Abstract Guidelines -
[RULES & REGULATION]
- ・Pertinent references must be reported both in the abstracts and in the eventual study presentation during the session.
- ・Word count: 300 words in BACKGROUND, METHODS, RESULTS, DISCUSSION format.
- ・Tables & figures equal to 25 words each.
- ・Figure legends are included in the word count.
- ・Abstracts already presented and/or published elsewhere are accepted.
- ・Abstracts submitted not following the above reported rules will be not be reviewed.
- ・All submitted abstracts will be peer reviewed blindly by the Scientific Committee.
The scientific committee will fill in the grid with 1-10 scales consisting of 5 categories; "Study design & statistical analysis", "Presentation of the background", "Results and discussion", "Knowledge improvement in the investigated topic", "Contribution to innovation" and "Potential in triggering discussion". An additional score will be given on the session day based on the skills shown by the speakers during the talk and the related discussion.
Deadline: The end of February 2024 (tentative)
- ・Title and Authors (underline the presenting author, in order to win the award, the presenter is not forced to be the first author)
- ・Structured abstract with references
- ・The scientific committee will receive the abstract without authors and affiliation information. The selection process will be communicated no later than 3 months.
- ・The winner will be selected during the session, after the committee evaluation of speaker presentations. Please note in advance that it will take time to inform the winners for the prizes.
* If coming by train, you can reach Karuizawa Station from Tokyo in about one hour using the Hokuriku Shinkansen (via Nagano). The hotel is about two minutes by taxi from Karuizawa Station. You can also take a shuttle bus to the hotel from the south exit of Karuizawa Station, Hokuriku Shinkansen line. (Hours: 7:00 a.m.– 9:00 p.m.)
If coming by car, the hotel is about 12 minutes from the Usui Karuizawa Interchange on the Joshin-Etsu Expressway.